This post may contain affiliate links.
Tom yum is one of the most popular Thai dishes as of this writing. If you Google the words "most popular Thai dishes", Tom yum is usually in the top five which is why we chose to do this recipe.
Zoodles are a relatively new way of using zucchini to make a healthier noodle. You can buy a zoodle maker at many of the large chain grocers. We found one at Kroger easily in theri cooking utensil area or you can buy a ready zoodles in a package. Either way is a good alternative if you are watching your simple carbohydrates.
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 3 medium spiral zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes, wedge cut
- 1 medium white onion, wedge cut
- 1 lb. king mushroom, half moon cut
- 2.5 oz. ginger, 1 cm. thick cut
- 4 pieces lemongrass stalks, 3-4 inches long and crushed
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon Thai chili paste with soybean oil
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1.5 fresh lime juice
- Pour the chicken broth into an Instant pot, following with tomatoes, white onion, king mushroom, ginger, and lemongrass.
- Add Thai chili paste and fish sauce then stir the ingredients together and put chicken breast into the pot.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to high press and pressure cook for 8 minutes, make sure you turn the sealing cap to seal.
- After the Instant Pot pressure cook is done, let the pressure out by using a thick towel to turn the sealing cap to venting. Let the pressure out until the floating valve drops.
- Take the chicken breast out and shred the chicken into pieces with forks. Throw the chicken meat back into the pot with the spiral zucchini and lime juice. Stir everything together and let it sit for 8 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro if using. Enoy slurping up these remarkable new kind of noodles.