Thai herb shaved pork salad is an easy recipe that I'd love to share with everyone. It is another way to enjoy the meat instead of making sandwiches, tacos, or western style salad. This Thai-inspired shaved pork salad is perfect mouth-watering if you like something light, crisp, and savory. The salad recipe is not anything different/strange from typical Thai salad.
Three Musketeers in Thai Salad Dressing
Salad is one of Thais' favorite dishes, according to the heat, hot, and humid weather in Thailand. Not all Thai people don't eat Thai salad because they want to stay in shape, they eat it because of the taste of the salad. The savory taste and fresh herbs in the salad make them feel fresh after being in hot weather.
It is so simple to make a typical Thai salad. First of all, you can pick your choice of protein from red meat to chicken to seafood or tofu. Then, you can add carbs like glass noodles, brown rice vermicelli, or rice noodles (kha-nom jeen). Lastly, you can mix and match your herb choices from mints to basil to fresh chopped ginger to cilantro to lemongrass, almost anything you can think of. However, there are three main ingredients: Thai peppers, fish sauce, and fresh lime juice when it comes to the dressing. These three ingredients are "must-have" ingredients.
**** You can substitute fish sauce for soy sauce in case you are a vegetarian/vegan.****
Choice of Vegetables and Herbs for Thai Herb Shaved Pork Salad
Don't overthink when it comes to the choices of vegetables and herbs that you are going to put in the salad. The key is to pick a few herbs that would give the aroma and texture to the salad, and the second is to pick fresh fruits that would give a natural sweetness/tardiness to the dish. So in this recipe, I choose something that easy to find in any grocery store which are Persian cucumber (or any seedless cucumber), green onion, shallot (or purple onion), and mint leaves.
Are you ready to make this incredible dish?
Here the Thai Shaved Pork Salad recipe!!
Thai Herb Shaved Pork Salad
- Large mix bow
- 2 mixing spoons
- 14 oz Shaved pork
- 4.5 oz Persian cucumber or seedless cucumber cut circle or half-moon, depends on the cucumber size
- 6 oz Cherry tomatoes cut half
- 4 Green onion small cut, only green part
- 0.5 oz Mint leaves
- 1.5 oz Shallot / purple onion thin sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 5 Thai pepper (green or red is fine) thin sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a cooking pan, add the shaved pork and stir fry it until it all cooked through. Let it sit and cool off.
- Wash and/or cut the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green onion, shallot, and mint leaves.
- In a big mixing bowl, add all the 10 ingredients in it and mix them well.
- Put the salad in a bowl or plate and enjoy!