This Asian Pear Salad with Smoked Salmon recipe is one Mod came up with after some trial and error with some pears we got from Farmbox direct. It's a simple, zesty salad that's relatively light and won't weigh you down too much. It's also relatively low on carbs and adaptable if you need it to be lower on carbs. By the way it's part of the #Thaivideochallenge 2021, from Thai Direct. Vote if you go to their contest page.
Adaptable Whole Food Ingredients
I am so proud of how naturally Mod and I made this with no loss of taste. The only thing remotely processed is the fish sauce. Mod insisted, with no question in her voice, that if you want this to be a Thai flavor, it has to have the fish sauce. I still say you can just leave it out and replace it with an equal amount of lime juice, vinegar, olive oil or something comparable. You could argue that smoked salmon is processed when it is smoked and that would be a fair argument, but it's very minimal processing. You could catch and smoke a salmon with a basic survival kit.
There's just not much to write so here is my recipe. Hope you like it!
Asian Pear Salad With Smoked Salmon
- Cutting board
- Large Salad Bowl
- 1 lb Pears sliced and Asian pears if possible, but any variety will work and taste similarly
- 8 oz Apple sliced
- ½ cup celery cut into 3-inch pieces
- ½ cup green onion Chopped
- ½ tablespoon Thai peppers Chopped
- ½ tablespoon Ginger Chopped
- 2 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Lime Juice Fresh
- 8 oz Smoked Salmon
- Prepare all the ingredients other than the salmon and toss in a large salad bowl.
- Plate and top with the salmon
Here is the link to the full youtube video I used for the contest.
If you like this recipe you might like one of these.
And please share on social media so we can keep growing!
This post contains sponsored content.