This post may contain affiliate links.
Sous Vide Red Curry Egg White Bites, made in an instant pot are a really quick protein snack. If you follow our blog very closely at all you will notice that we both tend to agree on red curry so you will see it a lot. I tried to make this as simple and doable, yet yummy as possible.Jump to Recipe
We tend to define healthy as simple, whole food ingredients. I think it's more compatible with a healthy lifestyle for the time it saves and the chemicals you don't need as well. A study of compliance to exercise showed that the closer someone lived, the better they did. You have to keep it realistic.
Red Curry Paste
I totally used a store-bought red curry paste. My wife buys whatever she finds, she has no preference, nor did she when she grew up in Thailand. I honestly, can't tell the difference. Freshly made curry paste though, that's different. You can totally taste it, the freshness of the flavors. Below is our recipe for homemade, you can find it in the Asian section of most stores or here, on Amazon.
What you will need
If you don't already have an instant pot you will need one. You will also need the trivet that comes with it. It's the wire thing you use to handle the egg molds safely to put them in and get them out. You can also buy some egg bite molds for less than $10 on Amazon or other cooking supply sites. Other than that, you just need the ingredients. which you can find below.
You can adapt the ingredients to add more vegetables without changing the taste too much. I used onions because I like the texture and flavor they add in eggs. I didn't like how they mixed with the red curry though and wouldn't do it again. Mod, my Thai wife, said she liked it so it's one of those subjective things. You can use whatever veggies you like, chopped small and in equal proportions.
Sous Vide Red Curry Chicken Egg White Bites
- Instant Pot
- Egg Bite Molds
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast Ground
- 1 tablespoon Red curry paste
- 12 Egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Stevia powder for baking
- ½ cup Onions Chopped, Optional, they change the flavor
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Seed As a topping or sushi seasoning is what is in the photo.
- 1 ½ cup Water For the instant pot
- Add the water to the instant pot
- Oil the egg bite molds so they are as coated as you can get them.
- Mix the egg and red curry paste with the egg, chicken, and stevia with an immersion blender, food processo,r or just mix with whatever you have. It's really a matter of preference. If you want the texture from the chicken and onion separate, don't blend them in.
- Place one egg mold on the trivet so the handles go up and around the mold.
- Add the egg mixture to the molds and place the trivet with the molds in the instant pot.
- Turn the venting nozzle off so it's not venting.
- Turn the instant pot steam mode on.
- Vent when it beeps that it is done after 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Top with sesame seeds or sushi topping.