This post may contain affiliate links.
Stir-fried Brown Rice Vermicelli with Turkey SausageJump to Recipe Print Recipe
Stir-fried Brown Rice Vermicelli with Turkey Sausage is a really interesting recipe I came up with using Persian cucumbers, whole grain noodles, and turkey sausage. Stir-frying is one of the fastest ways to make a healthy recipe. You just use the basic Thai ingredients for adding spice and try to make it interesting. The cucumbers added an interesting texture and the turkey sausage made it amazing.
Stir-fried Brown Rice Vermicelli with Turkey Sausage
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Thai Basil leaves only
- 1 lb cucumbers Persian if possible or English or Japanese, sliced
- 1 lb Turkey sausage Recommend Hot Italian Turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups Vermicelli Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon Sambal sauce
- Cook brown rice vermicelli the cooking method could vary depends on each brand (follow the instructions on the box).
- Squeeze the turkey meat out of the sausage links
- Turn a stove on high heat add canola oil in a wok.
- When the oil is hot add the Turkey sausage meat into the wok and stir fry the meat until it's cooked.
- Once the meat is cooked, add diced tomatoes, sliced cucumber and stir fry everything for a few minutes.
- Add cooked brown rice vermicelli, fish sauce, and sambal sauce stir fry all the ingredients together for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, add Thai basil leaves and mix them with the other iServengredients then turn off the stove.
- Serve and enjoy while the food is hot!
If you love stir-fried noodles you might want to try one of these healthier stir-fried noodle recipes.
As always, we make our Thai inspired recipes as healthy as we can. We are not dieticians or nutritionists at Healthy Thai Recipes so if you have specific needs consult an appropriate professional. Please let us know any ideas you have to improve our recipes or our website in the comments section below. Share on social media if you love us! 🙂