This post may contain affiliate links.
Spicy Brussel Sprouts With Turkey Bacon Bites
Recently , we went to BJ's; it is a chain restaurant that our friend in Dallas loves to go to. Since we moved to Houston, we barely go to BJ's anymore and we used to go almost weekly. We discovered that there are new items in the menu, so we decided to try a couple of those. We ordered the Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprout, and we fell in love with it.
Once in a while, my husband craves Brussel sprouts so he convinced me to make this recipe at home. I tried to recognize the taste and ingredients while I was eating it. It had a taste of Sriracha (of course), cream (perhaps mayonnaise), sweetness (honey). I told myself this mission is a piece of cake. I already have everything I need in my pantry except the main character which is the Brussel sprouts.
By the way, we found out that the Brussel sprouts that we ordered were deep fried. I do not like to cook deep fried food at home. It does not mean I do not eat deep fried food, but I do not like the greasy, oily smell that would be all over our place after the cooking. So, I converted my spicy Brussels sprout to a baked version instead. It might not be as crispy as the one at BJ's but it is healthier for sure.
The Spicy Brussel Sprouts with turkey bites recipe is an excellent appetizer or side dish. It is spicy but not too spicy with the hidden of sweetness from the honey and thick cream of mayonnaise with olive oil in it. I also added some turkey bacon to it for more of crispy texture. The sauce itself is incredible. I LOVE IT and recommend you to add it to your sandwich or serve it as a dipping sauce for almost any recipe.
I hope you enjoy the recipe! 🙂
- • 2 lbs Brussels sprout
- • 4 links turkey bacon, cut into small pieces
- • ¼ cup reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- • ¼ cup Sriracha
- • 1 tablespoon honey
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • Olive oil spray
- Extra sauce
- • 2 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- • 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- • ½ tablespoon honey
- • ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix mayonnaise, Sriracha, honey and olive oil in a mixing bowl and whisk them together.
- Add Brussels sprout into the mixing bowl and mix them up well.
- Spray a cooking sheet with the olive oil spray and lay the Brussels sprout on it.
- Bake it for 10 minutes, take it out from the oven and sprinkle turkey bacon on top of it, and put it back and cook it for another 20 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl. Pour extra sauce on top or serve it on a side.
If you like the sauce you can have more on hand for dipping. Here is a recipe for our sriracha mayo, a healthier version you might also like.