This simple and fast stir-fry recipe is one you can do quickly with a big bag of kale and a couple of chicken breasts. The recipe is totally adaptable, so chances are, you can do it with whatever sauces you have and it will be great. It's a low-carb recipe so, so if your doctor is constantly telling you to decrease your carb intake, this should be on your list.
You can tell that Thai Stir-Fried Kale with vitamin-rich. You can also see all the protein in the chicken breast, and just imagine the full, rich aromas it puts off when you stir fry it. When my Thai wife made it, she goes in full feeding frenzy mode. She calls me names when I try to slow her down for photos and videos and you can tell she is already drooling and on full hangry mode.
She uses the same basic Thai template for stir-frying, using fish sauce, soy sauce, sometimes oyster sauce, and oil. She prefers olive oil, but typically you would use canola oil for Thai food. Do what you want, this is for you, not for anyone else. She uses a wok but, you can do it just as well in a large skillet. Again, use what you have, just do it fast and with your full attention on medium-high heat. Also, always make sure to use fresh ingredients and cook fully.
Stir-fried Kale and Chicken Breast
- 1 pound chicken breasts 1-2 pounds
- 32 oz Kale Fresh
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce Optional
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce Can substitute fish sauce which is more typical but I was trying to reduce sodium but go for light soy sauce if you use soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves Fresh Minced
- Get all the ingredients read as imaged above so you are ready when the wok is hot.
- Combine the sauce ingredients, lime juice, soy sauce, coconut milk and stevia and mix.
- Mix with the chicken and marinate for several minutes or up to a day in the refrigerator. Or just mix in fresh if you don't want to wait, no huge difference.
- Heat the wok to medium-high and add the oil and the stir-fry the fresh garlic for a few moments, making sure not to overcook as it cooks fast.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until opaque.
- Add the kale a little at a time
- Taste and adjust as needed.