Thai Lemongrass Watermelon Slush
Hi everyone! How's your summer so far?
Today I have a recipe that will be perfect for your hot summer day, and I call it Thai Lemongrass Watermelon Slush.
When it comes to the summer in the U.S., we see watermelon in every local grocery store at a very cheap price. Watermelon is such a perfect fruit for a hot summer especially for us who are living in Texas; it is known as a super fruit for hydration. 92% of watermelon is fluid. No wonder why it's called watermelon.
Watermelon is known as a weight loss fruit. When you are trying to control or cut down the calories intake, you don't want to lose vitamins and minerals. Watermelon is loaded with vitamins and minerals especially potassium. The high water content helps you fill up without eating too many calories.
It's handy to have watermelon for a picnic, outdoor and bar-b-q party, or family little hike. Try watermelon in this new way to bring some life to your party.
Thai lemongrass watermelon slush is good for everyone in a family will even make adults to feel like kids again. Say good bye to those soda beverages that you can't pronounce its ingredients.
- • small watermelon, (about 1 lb., meat only)
- • ½ cup water
- • 3 tablespoon Stevia
- • 2 crushed lemongrass stalk
- Add water, Stevia, and crushed lemongrass in a small pot, and heat them on low. Stir the ingredients occasionally. Turn off the stove when the Stevial melted. Set it aside and let it chill. Separate the lemongrass stalk from the syrup with a white cloth or a strainer.
- Cut watermelon and use an ice-cream spoon scoop the watermelon meat.
- Blend the water melon meat and mix it with the lemongrass syrup in a freezer safe bowl.
- Put the bowl in a refrigerator for 3 hours, then transfer it to a freezer.
- Use a fork to break the crystallized watermelon every 30 minutes. Repeat this for 4-6 times.
- To chill the crystallized watermelon, transfer the watermelon from freezer to refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
To learn more about watermelon, click here