My Thai Green Curry Turkey Meatballs recipe is a really simple comfort recipe, you can make without feeling like it's a huge science project. I know there will be someone reading this who will check out for using premade meatballs. You can make your own meatballs and just make green curry with them if that is you. I am going for speed yet comfort and elegance with this dish. It did that for me, I hope it does it for you too.
Green Curry Paste
I used Mae Ploy, store-bought, green curry paste when I made this but you can make it with homemade green curry paste if you want to be healthier. Personally, I think the difference is minuscule but I know there are purists out there. Here is the link for a recipe to make your own, homemade green curry paste.
I honestly just used some premade turkey meatballs from the store. If you want to make your own, just take a pound or so of lean ground turkey and make it into balls. You can add a dash of salt and pepper for seasoning if you want, but the green curry sauce packs a lot of flavor on it's own.
Turkey Meatballs with Thai Green Curry Sauce
- ½ pound Turkey meatballs Or whatever you prefer
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Green curry paste Or whatever you prefer
- 1 ½ cups Light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. Stevia
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- ½ cup mint
Green Curry Sauce
- Heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry green curry paste until fragrant.
- Add in the coconut milk and water and bring to a boil.
- Add in the mushrooms and stir-fry in until soft.
- Add in the meatballs and cook evenly on each side.
- Simply serve the meatballs piping hot with Thai green curry sauce over it and garnished with the mint leaves.