Thai Chili Powder Dipping Sauce
If I compare food to a movie, I'd say that an entree would be the main character and the sauce would be the main supporter. Most of us fall in love with the main character, but without the main supporter, the movie wouldn't be good. This Thai chili powder dipping sauce is an excellent supporter of your main course. It'll add the best taste to your food either meat or vegetables.
The Thai chili powder dipping sauce or what I call in Thai "Nam Jim Jeaw." was invented to be paired with the Tiger cry. But to be honest, this sauce is crazy good. I've tried it with grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli and snap peas and the leftover steak from my friend's party.
Here's the recipe!
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced shallot
- 2 ½ tablespoon tamarind concentrate
- ¼ Truvia
- ½ teaspoon Thai chili powder
- 1 thinly chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon Golden Mountain seasoning soy sauce
- Add all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk everything together until the Truvia dissolve with the rest of the ingredients.