Usually we don't go this lazy with our blog posts but sometimes people want to be lazy too, so here goes. The thing that makes this a super easy recipe is that we are not making our own dressing for now. Maybe Mod will get a wild hair and decide to make it but, I am not. I was able to find an organic sesame vinaigrette, the ingredients are simple, and I have a lot going on so it's almost 6 PM and I have yet to eat today. I am guessing there are lots of people like me.
When I read the ingredients on their page for this dish I realized pretty quick I wouldn't be able to duplicate it. It has mangosteen in it, how do you even do that, lol? So, seeing as I am short on time lately I did the basics. I really love the company for it's healthy philosophy and menu. This one is no exception with an adaptable portion for the amount of chicken you want. I'm a protein lover so I like that they offer added almonds and chicken. We always start from scratch of course so what we recommend is just a guestimate.
The Quick and Dirty Version
So, since this is super quick I used premade ingredients other than the lettuce, cilantro, almonds and organic sesame seeds. Normally we would make this more from scratch but in the interest of speed with a Pandemic running everyone down we did this. If you have a Kroger, I am posting all the ingredients with the link for Kroger supermarkets. If not, the visual gives a good idea of what to buy anyways. Asian Sesame Vinaigrette is really universally available so you will probably able to find that anywhere. If you want to to the healthier route and make it yourself, here is a recipe. We will have one coming soon to this site too with healthier ingredients.
I am not an affiliate of Kroger and am profiting in no way from using them but in the interest of simplicity here is what I got from there.
- Wonton Strips 3.5 oz bag
- Sliced Almonds 3.5 oz bag
- Asian Sesame Vinaigrette 12 oz bottle
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Bundle Cilantro
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts with rib meat, Butterflied
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
Without further ado, here is the recipe.
Super Easy Copycat Panera Asian Sesame Salad With Chicken
- Salad Bowl
- 3.5 oz almonds sliced
- 12 oz Vinaigrette Sesame
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce Cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Bundle Cilantro Leaves
- 1 lb. Chicken breast Butterflied
- 3.5 oz Wonton Strips
- 2 tbps sesame seeds
- In the oiled skillet, cook the chicken breast, on medium heat, flipping and cooking through.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the sesame seeds and cook the chicken a little longer, flipping and toasting the sesame seeds a few minutes until lightly toasted.
- Mix the other ingredients in the large salad bowl, tossing together evenly.
- Add the chicken on top and flick the remaining toasted sesame seeds on top.
- Serve with extra, cooked chicken and almonds on the side for anyone who wants more to offer it similar to how Panera does.