This post may contain affiliate links.
Stir-fried Garlic Ginger Lemon Shrimp is one of the better recipes I have found for beginners. It's simple so it doesn't overwhelm, but it is rewarding in the aromas, sounds, and senses it stimulates. You can do it on a budget or get really expensive shrimp. It's good practice for the basics of cutting onions, garlic, and ginger. Shrimp is arguably not too healthy and the soy sauce has a bit of sodium even though I used a low sodium variety but other than that this recipe is simple and healthy. The only ingredient that is semi-hard to find is the low sodium or lite soy sauce.
Finding Healthier Ingredients
This blog is all about finding recipes that look good to use and doing a little recipe rehab. I found a low sodium soy sauce on at this link, Wikibuy.com with a $2 discount applied. It's kind of a cool way to save time comparison shopping because it's already done on the site. Other than that everything is just whole foods.
In general, you should consider going for stir-fried recipes when going for Thai. You reduce total calories and bad calories when you choose it over deep-fried cooking methods. Eating it with whole grain rice as in the picture is a perfect balance of complex carbs and protein with minimal unhealthy fats. Enjoy!
Stir-fried Garlic Ginger Lemon Shrimp
- Wok or frying pan
- 1 lb Shrimp Peeled
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Yellow onion Small
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 2 tablespoon ginger Minced/Chopped, about 1 inch piece
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce Lite or reduced sodium if possible
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice Fresh, about 1 lemon's juice
- Prepare the shrimp by rinsing it and placing it on a paper towel next to the other ingredients at the wok.
- Heat the wok with the oil on high heat and add the minced garlic, stir-frying until brown, 30 seconds to a minute. Careful not to burn.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about a minute, stir-frying so as not to burn it.
- Stir in the lemon, ginger, stevia, onions and stir-fry for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Serve with the sauce, garlic and spices on top with cilantro and/or lemon wedges.
If you love shrimp and shellfish, you should try one of these recipes.
Thanks for reading our blog! Don't forget to sign up for our email subscription! 🙂
This post contains sponsored content.