This post may contain affiliate links.
This Pumpkin Coconut and Turmeric Protein Smoothie is an easy-to-make healthy treat. You can make this smoothie any time of year because it uses canned pumpkin. The orange coloration of pumpkin lends itself well to the similar color of turmeric, which is an anti-inflammatory. This recipe only requires a few ingredients but doesn't lack gorgeousness.
Turmeric as an anti-inflammatory
You can get an effective amount in just a teaspoon, but don't take my word for it, read more in this article. I have read the evidence and heard it from pharmacists. It really doesn't take much. Make sure you are considering other things you are taking and consult with your pharmacist or doctor to play it safe.
You can top it with a little bit of powdered turmeric and dehydrated coconut flakes or frozen coconut flakes. Or get creative and tell us what you came up with in the comment section below. I look forward to hearing how this works for you!
Pumpkin Coconut and Turmeric Protein Smoothie
- 2 tablespoon Whey protein Or whatever you have
- ½ cup pumpkin canned
- 2 teaspoon turmeric ground, divided
- ¼ cup coconut flakes frozen, or not lol
- 1 cup coconut milk carton kind
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients, holding back 1 teaspoon turmeric and some coconut flakes for garnish and blend.
- Serve with some coconut flakes and the 2nd teaspoon turmeric over the coconut flakes on top for the look.