Garlic Lime Shishito Peppers
Shishito peppers are usually something you eat with sushi and as the name suggests it's more Japanese in origin. Sometimes though it is good too add something new especially if you're entertaining to add novelty and these are delicious.
The fact that shishito peppers are dark green tell you that they're packed with vitamins and they look really good sautéed with some garlic cloves and some lime slices on the side.
Oven Roasted Shishito Peppers
Alternatively, you can roast them in the oven at 500 degrees making sure to spray the baking pan with a Thai sesame oil and drizzling oil on top of the peppers as well. Roast for 6 minutes if using this method. I used ground sea salt and lime to top them the same as the sauteed version and the Thai basil wok spray on top. Serve hot for best taste.
- • 1 bag of Shishito peppers (about 8 oz.).
- • 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- • 10 garlic cloves.
- • 1 ½ tablespoon low sodium soy sauce.
- • Lemon juice or lime juice for sprinkle Shishito peppers.
- • Sea salt from a grinder to taste.
- Wash the peppers and leave the stems on.
- Next, you just sauté the peppers in a little olive oil on medium-high heat and turn down the heat when they start to smoke.
- Make sure you flip often, I like to use tongs because you can turn each one individually if you need to make sure that they don't char too much.
- Throw in some low sodium soy sauce, a couple dashes or so or to taste garlic cloves. I like to also throw in quite a bit of lime juice especially towards the end. I think this makes them taste fantastic.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the skin wrinkles and there's just a little bit of charing and crispiness. Leave the stems on.
- Use a pair of tongs to place them for appearance on a large appetizer plate if you have one and place the lemon and lime wedges for garnish. Use a sea salt grinder to grind salt over them when you serve them for a dramatic Flair.
- Serve as an appetizer or a side with lemon and or lime wedges and sauté garlic cloves mixed in or on the side.