This post may contain affiliate links.
Pineapple Cheese Canape
Christmas is almost here. Most of us are busy shopping Christmas gifts, and some of us are busy looking for recipes to cook for our family and friends. Today I have a very easy and simple appetizer recipe to share with everyone which is the "Pineapple cheese canape." It's not very Thai dish, but I remember that I first had it when I was in Thailand. The inspiration for this recipe comes from my favorite local restaurant & bar in Chiangmai, Thailand; it's called "The Riverside."
The recipe is calling only three ingredients: pineapple, cheese, and maraschino cherries (as an option). I decided to add the cherries because the pineapple that I bought wasn't sweet at all. It's tart and sour.
An incredible simple & easy recipe.
Making the canape easy, all I did just cut the pineapple into a bite size and put the cheese on top (I chose to pair the pineapple with mozzarella cheese. I first tried it with sharp cheddar, but it's too sharp for me.) Then I wash the cherries, cut them half and put each of them on top of the cheese. Lastly, I put the canape in the oven for few minutes and bam! It's ready to serve.
One important thing about this recipe is it must be served immediately. Now, you may have a concern " if my guests show up in a different time and my canape gets cold, what should I do?" The solution is simple. All you need to do is throw the canape in a microwave for 30 - 60 seconds depending on the microwave size. The reason to serve it immediately after cook because the canape tastes the best when it's warm. The pineapple cheese canape is slightly sweet and tartiness, and it pairs so well with red wine. I recommend it!!
- 1 pineapple
- 1 package of sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 small bottle of maraschino cherries
- Cut the pineapple into a bite size and lay them on a cooking sheet.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into the same size as the pineapple and put it on top of the pineapple.
- Wash the maraschino cherries, cut them half, and put it on top of the cheese.
- Turn the oven to 350 Fahrenheit degrees, place the cooking sheet in the oven for 3-4 minutes, just to melt the cheese.
- Take it out and serve when it's still warm.
Adam Shed says
I think my wife killed it with this recipe. It was super easy, colorful like little jewels. Try it.