This post may contain affiliate links.
"Explore Asian" Soybean Spaghetti Thai Style
Have you ever seen or bought anything and felt like you just discovered gold? I did. Remember my Sriracha Black Bean Spaghetti?
Sriracha Black Bean Spaghetti (เส้นสปาเก็ตตี้ถั่วดำผัดซอสพริก)
I went to H.E.B (our local grocery store in Houston) and found that they also have ready to eat products from Explore Asian like soybean spaghetti with sun-dried tomato sauce, and black bean spaghetti with mild Thai red curry sauce. I was so thrilled because I love noodles so much, and I thought this might be a solution for me to say goodbye to bad ramen noodles habit. But sorry guys, I did not like them like I thought.
About the "Explore Asian" Noodles. What are good and nah?
I do not mean to insult or give a bad review to Explore Asian because I love their uncooked noodles products a lot but just not for the ready to eat ones. The taste and the texture were not right for me. But anyhow, I am a food hoarder, and I do not throw my food away as long as they are edible especially high nutrient food (28-gram fo protein per pack) from the Explore Asian plus their products are vegan, gluten free, non-preservation, non-MSG, and GMO-free. Therefore I gave myself a mission to rescue the Explore Asian ready to eat meals that I bought.
Enrich the taste into the rich nutrient food.
My idea for fixing this meal was not to change the whole flavor of it but add more flavor into it. I thought it would be all right if I spiced the soybean spaghetti up with some dried chili and added some vegetables and meat since it had come with the tomato sauce. I chose ingredients that were easy to find like yellow onion, scallion, champion mushroom, and dried Bird's eye chili (you can use dried Chile de Arbol for substitution) for the recipe. I would say that my mission was completed. I liked and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. After the adjustment, the soybean spaghetti tasted much better and for some reason, the texture was improved too. It could be a straight heat from the stove to the pan, or the juice from chicken and vegetables absorbed to it. You all are welcome to use this recipe to modify some of your instant food you have had. Let me know how it works for you. I would love to hear it.
- • 1 package of Explore Asian Soybean Spaghetti with Sun-dried Tomato Sauce
- • 4 oz. sliced chicken breast
- • 2.5 oz. sliced yellow onion
- • 3 stalks scallion, cut 2 inches
- • 3 oz. sliced champion mushroom
- • 2-3 whole dried Bird’s eye chili (break half if you like spicy)
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • ½ tablespoon thin soy sauce
- • ½ teaspoon oyster sauce
- • Pinch of Truvia
- • 1-2 cup of water
- Turn on a stove on medium high and heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add sliced chicken and cook until they all turn white and add yellow onion and cook until their color turn to transparent.
- Add mushrooms, scallion, and soybean spaghetti in the pan.
- Stir-fry and break the spaghetti.
- Add thin soy sauce, oyster sauce and Truvia for seasoning and add some water to the pan, so the food is not burned, cook until the spaghetti is soft.
- Turn off the stove and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply