This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a very simple coconut curry recipe using whole grain, buckwheat noodles. The first time I ate at a Peiwei, I had a version of whole grain buckwheat soba noodles. I was so sad when they discontinued it. I guess the general public just prefers more fried options. When you are more disciplined than most it just gets lonely at the top. You can make them at home more easily now though thanks to increased connectivity.
Rather than bore you with a lot of details about this recipe my wife picked a fight with me over when she got home because she was drinking and resented making it I'll just get to the post. I get exhausted when she wants to fight anyways lol. That's the story on this one.
It's good though, I ate all of mine. I'll finish it tomorrow too. 🙂 She came up with the recipe so credit to her.
Coconut curry buckwheat noodles.
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon curry paste You can use whatever curry paste you like
- 3 cups light coconut milk hold half back, it's about 2 cans if you prefer to measure that way.
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 cup bell peppers
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat noodles cooked
- Start by turning the water on medium-high in a pot and bringing it to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, in a wok at medium-high, add the oil and the curry paste. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add in half the light coconut milk.
- Add in the chicken breast and cook until cooked through.
- Add in the rest of the coconut milk and bring to a boil with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and when done drain with the colander.
- Serve the curry over the noodles and feel what a bit of heaven feels like. I feel transported by a perfect curry. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with chopsticks for the fun of using them.
If you love this coconut curry buckwheat noodles recipe you should try one of these.