Yellow Curry fusion Salad (สลัดผักไก่หมักผงกะหรี่)
My wife occasionally just gets into our pantry and start mixing together by ingredients with American ingredients and comes out with something fantastic. I was craving something healthy with lots of colorful vegetables and lean protein and some zesty vinegar and olive oil and she pulled it off beautifully. We are a fusion couple and our pantry is a fusion pantry and so when we just have certain cravings and try and meet those cravings that is how use in recipes are born. Here is what she did, a yellow curry protein grilled or sauteed in curry powder and placed over a salad while still hot. Serves 1-2 but you can always adjust proportionally to the number of people you are serving.
Our yellow curry fusion salad with the curry flavored meat on the salad should give you just the right amount of protein, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and hopefully the consistency and flavor that hits just the right note for you as it does me. Curry is good for the metabolism and is supposedly good for asthma according to an article I've read. I love fusion recipes because they remind me that the same way a mixed breed dogs tend to have less health problems there are lots of beautiful things that can come when you look at each others characteristics, strengths and weaknesses and how they can compliment each other in new and exciting ways!
- ⦁ 1 chicken breast sliced (almost 1 lb.) or equivalent protein
- ⦁ 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- ⦁ 1 tbsp olive oil.
- ⦁ 10 corainder seeds crushed
- ⦁ ½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
- ⦁ ½ cup shelled pecans
- ⦁ ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ⦁ 1 medium bag colorful (for nutrient value) greens of your choice.
- ⦁ Shredded Cheese to taste
- ⦁ Olive oil and Vinegar are the healthy option for dressing in my opinion but use whatever you want.
- Mix yellow curry powder, corainder seeds crushed, and chicken seasoning powder with the sliced chicken. Rub the chicken with those ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil on a skillet and cook the chicken until there's no pink color on it.
To Make the Salad
- Put all the ingredients for salad in a plate or bowl.
- Top it with the yellow curry chicken (or your yellow curry choice of protein).
- Add your dressing of choice. I'm a fan of balsamic vinegar and cold pressed olive oil. Yum!