This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Party Finger Food, Healthy Thai Basil Style
Easy Party Finger Food, Healthy Thai Basil Style, an easy solution to holiday gathering, party and football season.
I am posting this Easy Party Finger Food, Healthy Thai Basil Style recipe during football season partly because it scratches an itch I have when indoors watching TV and football more and for holiday gatherings. I have a friend who spends the fall and winter with finger foods out all the time and who said that he usually gains several pounds in the fall and winter watching football and grazing. It occurred to me that it can be done healthier with Thai spices because they are usually plant based as opposed to foods from other regions which are usually cream or sugar based and have more fat and total calories.
This is also a good way to take care of random stuff that accumulates in your fridge and you need to use before it goes bad. We always have garlic, Thai peppers, some kind of meat etc that needs to be used but we don't have everything for a full recipe for, be creative and enjoy the holiday party season with food out all the time.
- • 6 -7 links turkey franks
- • 1 avocado
- • 2 eggs
- • 5 mushrooms
- • 5-10 garlic cloves
- • Sriracha sauce to taste
- • Thai basil wok spray oil
- • 1 Bunch of Thai basil leaves
- • Thai, Jalapeno or some similar pepper
- Spray a cookie sheet or pizza pan with the Thai basil wok spray.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees in bake mode.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the seed and add the egg to each side and place on the cookie sheet.
- Fill the mushrooms with the stem removed with cheese, if you want to make it a fusion dish as cheese is not a typical Thai ingredient, peppers, any kind of sauce and basil leaves on top.
- Arrange everything on the cookie sheet including the garlic cloves and top with the fresh basil leaves and spray with another coat of the basil oil.
- Place in the oven and cook until the egg is cooked and everything crisp around the edges.
- Arrange on a plate with colorful Thai peppers, (Angry Hot Little Bastards, BE CAREFUL).
Leave a Reply