This post may contain affiliate links.
Thai Peanut Chicken
If you Google for Thai recipes you have probably come across some kind of recipe for Thai Peanut Chicken. Thai Chicken is one of the most Googled words for Thai recipes. Thai food often involves peanuts as well making it inevitable that if you eat Thai food enough you will eventually try some kind of peanut chicken.
One tip for stir-frying food for Thai cuisine is to saute chopped garlic. Do it at the beginning, it will add a very nice aroma to your food.
To make this recipe more interesting, healthy and something we have never seen before we used our own higher protein peanut sauce for this recipe. We went with the trusted stand-by of lean chicken breast for our meat. Combined with the higher protein peanut sauce this is a great recipe for bodybuilders or just people who work out.
Here is the link to our 5 minute protein peanut sauce recipe. It is really fast and easy. If you can't get the Nuts N' More you can buy store bought peanut sauce or just substitute with all natural peanut butter.
We used asparagus as a side on this one. Nothing fancy or Thai about the asparagus, my wife just needed a side and was in the mood for asparagus. It was delicious though and serves to show that mixing the strongest parts of 2 cultures allows more options than if we limit ourselves. She included the recipe for the asparagus on the recipe card below. The nutrition facts are for just the peanut chicken.
Healthier Thai Peanut Sauce with Added Protein
- Thai chicken peanut sauce ingredients
- • 1 lb sliced chicken breast
- • 1 cup of Thai peanut sauce
- • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- • 2 tablespoon olive oil
- [br]Side dish Ingredients
- • 1 bag asparagus (about 12 oz.)
- • ½ tablespoon olive oil
- • Dash of black pepper and salt
- Put olive oil in a pan.
- Add asparagus after the oil is hot, then throw dash of black pepper and salt on the asparagus.
- Cook till the asparagus is soft. For me is about 5 minutes.
- Use the same pan and heat olive oil, add chopped garlic. Cook until the garlic turns to yellow-golden.
- Add sliced chicken, stir fry the chicken until it turns pinkish-white.
- Add Thai peanut sauce. Stir fry until the chicken is cooked well
- If you want rice or noodles, cook them on the side and serve on top.
Leave a Reply