Green curry chicken with Indian eggplant is a delicious way to use this gorgeous vegetable and you will love the taste as well. Thai green curry is often made using Chinese eggplant. When you happen to find Indian Eggplant though, you won't want to miss the opportunity to use it. With technology making it easier to get it, you can even find it on Amazon here, and you can find it at Asian markets as well.
Indian eggplants are small and oval, averaging 5-7 centimeters depending on maturity. This egg-shaped fruit has a glossy, smooth, and medium-thick dark purple outer skin. The inner flesh is firm, crisp, and creamy white with a few, small edible seeds. When cooked, Indian eggplants offer a mild flavor with sweet notes and a creamy texture.https://specialtyproduce.com/produce/Indian_Eggplant_9087.php
Adaptable Green Curry Ingredients
Mod likes to use long beans with her green curry but you can use whatever you prefer for your green curry. She also uses Chinese or regular eggplant typically. We used Mae ploy green curry paste, which you can find, here, on amazon, or at most Asian markets. You can alternatively, make your own, homemade green curry paste using Mod's recipe below. Pick whatever protein you like. If you are vegetarian you will go with tofu, or whatever you prefer. You don't have to use anything for the protein if you prefer.
Chicken Green Curry With Indian Eggplant
- 1 pound Chicken breast Sliced
- ½ pound long beans Green long beans
- .75 pound Indian Egg Plant Chopped into quarters
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon green curry paste
- 3 cups light coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 cups Thai Basil Leaves
- Heat a medium wok to medium high heat with a bit of healthy oil, canola, sunflower, whatever you prefer.
- Stir-fry the green curry paste for a minute or two or until fragrant
- Add in one cup of light coconut milk.
- Add in the chicken breast or whatever protein you like.
- Add in another ½ cup of light coconut milk and ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cut vegetables and cook until soft.
- Taste and add stevia and more coconut milk to make it less spicy or more green curry paste to make it spicier.