Thai Spicy Coco-Pineapple Smoothie
A spicy Thai pepper flavored pineapple and coconut juice is a great way to beat the summer heat. You can save money too. These things are $15 at beach resorts, but if you make your own, it can cost as little as $2.
- 2 Pineapples
- 12 Mint Leaves
- 2 Pinches of Thai chili pepper flakes
- 2 cups coconut water with pulp to fill the pineapple
- 1 Tablespoons stevia
- 1 cup ice
- Cut the top off a pineapple and carefully dig out the inside meat with an ice cream scooper.
- In a blender, place the 8 mint leaves, ice, stevia, pepper flakes and 8 scoops of the pineapple and blend to a puree.
- Add the mixture to the hollowed pineapple.
- Top with the coconut water until the pineapple is full.
- Garnish with the remaining mint leaves and a large boba tea straw is nice so you can drink all the coconut pulp.
- (*Optionally*) Add your favorite alcohol if so desired.
If you like this recipe you might also dig one of these
This recipe was inspired by this alcoholic version.