Healthy Tom Yum Soup (ต้มยำกุ้ง)
This recipe is a very easy and fast for everyone who wants to make a tasty soup at home. All you need is a good Tom Yum paste which I put the link in the ingredient ( just click on Tum Yum Paste at the ingredient section). I know this is not the original way to cook the soup, but since we are leaving in a busy world, I think we need something that is fast, easy, tasty, and not too expensive after a long working day.
- 1 Pound of Shrimp or the other kind of protein like chicken, seafood, or tofu (Tom Yum soup is good with white meat and seafood. Do not recommend with red meat.)
- 24 Oz Sliced White mushroom
- 2 Medium Tomatoes
- 6-8 Table spoon of Tom Yum Paste
- 6 cups Water
- Fish sauce and Lime juice to taste
- Heat water in a pot, when water is boiling put 6-8 table spoon of Tom Yum paste in the pot.
- Add all the sliced white mushroom and tomatoes in the pot. Wait until the water is boiling then put the shrimp in the pot.
- Taste the soup, add some fish sauce and lime juice if you want your soup more salty and/or sour.
- Cook the tomatoes until they are soft, so the soup will get some sweeten of tomatoes juice. Also tomato is more delicious when it is fully cooked. Don’t you agree. 🙂 Enjoy your food.