Healthy Thai Chicken and Brown Rice Soup (ข้าวกล้องต้มอกไก่สับ)
Healthy Thai Chicken and Brown Rice Soup
Rice soup is always one of my comfort soups especially when I am not feeling good, and this week I’ve been sick all week. The typical Thai rice soup that I have had always uses white rice which is a simple carbohydrate and pork. So, I am thinking of how I can make my comfort food in a healthier way, and I have come up with an idea using brown rice and lean chicken instead.
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice
- 13 oz of ground lean chicken, I chopped the chicken myself just to save some few bucks.
- 2 cups of chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 8 cups of water
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan, then add chopped garlic fry till garlic turns to gold color, add chopped onion, cook until it translucent, add ground lean chicken, 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of fish sauce cook until the chicken turns white
- Pour 4 cups of water in a pot on medium high heat until it boils, add cooked brown rice, and boil it about 10 – 13 minutes (stir it occasionally, otherwise the rice at the bottom of the pot might be burnt), add another 4 cups of water wait until it boils, add cooked ground chicken into a pot follow with 2 tbsp of soy sauce and 2 tbsp of fish sauce, cook it about 5 minutes, and it is ready to serve
My Healthy Thai Chicken and Brown Rice Soup recipe can make 6 servings, and each serving has 253 calories.
I hope you guys enjoy the recipe, and please let me know about how you like or not like my recipe. Any suggestion is very welcome.