Healthy Pad Thai (เส้นข้าวกล้องผัดไทย)
Pad Thai is one of the most tending recipes on the internet right now. Any time you see the word Pad in the name of a Thai dish you know it is stir fried. That’s what pad means.
Ingredients: ( we have slightly altered the ingredients on the box to make it a bit healthier.)
- 1 Pkg. Annie Chun’s Pad Thai 100% Whole Grain Rice Noodles. (I promise they did not pay me to write their brand but if you buy it through my amazon portal I will get 10% and put it back into this website. :))
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 8-10 medium sliced fresh 8 oz. chicken or diced
- 4 egg whites (remember, 1 yolk has 106% of your RDA of cholesterol and if you are like me you are horrified of dying of a heart attack or stroke)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. stevia, we used Truvia for baking
- Stir all ingredients into a small bowl until the stevia dissolves completely
1. First you’ll want to cook the noodles by bringing four to five quarts of water to a boil add the noodles in the boil for 25 minutes and then drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Heat the wok or pan over high heat.
3. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, shallots and chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked, set aside.
4. Add remaining 2 tbsp. oil and 4 egg whites then scramble. Reduce heat to low; add sauce and noodles.
5. Toss until well mixed. Add your protein and bean sprouts. Toss well.
6. Garnish with cilantro, peanuts, scallions, and lime wedges.