Chopped Kale Salad With Sriracha Olive Oil Dressing
The salad is the most healthy food choice for most of us because nothing is better than consuming fresh vegetables and fruits. But it doesn’t mean all kind of salad is good for us, the dressing and toppings can add a tremendous amount of calories on a salad. In this post, I have my homemade 6 ingredients Sriracha olive oil dressing and salad to share with everyone.
As the ideal concept, girls are supposed to like or enjoy salad more than guys, but not in my household. My husband is a salad person, and I’m a meat and carbs girl. One of his favorite salads is a chopped salad. One evening, he asked me to make him the chopped salad, and I had no idea what it was. I know how to cook Thai food, but when it come down to salad or burgers, I always need help from him.
About the Dressing
- 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 4 tbsp Truvia brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil butter
- 1 1/2 Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tsp of salt
The dressing is sweet, spicy, and tangy as I like, and if I like my salad dressing it means my husband will love it.
About the Salad
Before I had the interest in living a healthier lifestyle, I didn’t know that we need to consume a colorful variety of vegetables and fruits. I thought all kind of vegetables and fruits had pretty much the same quality, but it’s not true. Each color of vegetables and fruits has different nutrients and phytochemicals.
In my salad version, I have kale, carrots, red onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and pecans as the ingredients. This is not just for the color variety but also for the taste of the salad. These vegetables and fruits have a great taste in each of them. For the protein choice, I rubbed a chicken breast with Spike Gourmet Seasoning and grill it.
Voila, Here’s my chopped kale salad with Sriracha olive oil dressing. I hope you enjoy it like I do or love it like my husband.
- Salad Ingredients
- 6 cups of coarsely chopped kale
- 3 cups of carrots
- ½ cup red onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper
- ¾ cup pecan
- 3 chicken breast
- Spike Seasoning powder or any brand/kind you like
- Sriracha Olive Oil Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp Truvia brown sugar
- 2 tbsp melted olive oil butter
- 1½ tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Rub the chicken breast with the seasoning powder and grill it until the chicken temperature is 145-165 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Chop all the salad ingredients into small pieces and put them in the mixing bowl.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk all of them together.
- Serve the salad in a plate or bowl and ENJOY.
If you like this recipe, you may like
Here is the post for just the dressing from this recipe.
Or we have more salad recipes we have done you can see by clicking here.